Thursday 10 November 2016

Travel | A Stay at Berlin i31 Hotel


I love traveling and one of the things I like most about getting away is the little touch of luxury you get when you check into a hotel for the first time

We recently took a weekend trip to Berlin for my birthday and stayed in the i31 Hotel close to the center of the city. I was really impressed with the hotel overall, having not known what to expect as Tom booked it as a surprise. We were greeted by a grand entrance and welcoming staff at reception upon arrival. Anywhere that offers pick and mix on the front desk gets my vote straight away! 

Tom initially chose the hotel due to its close proximity to Berlin's main tourist attractions such The Berlin Wall Memorial, Tiergarten and The Natural History Museum, which were all with a 15 minute walk. The hotel is located in the Mitte district of town which meant it was great for dining out with lots of options to eat and drink. Hackescher Market and Alexanderplatz were both a short walk away, both boasting lots of resturants and bars. The hotel was also close to the Berlin central train station, Berlin Hbf meaning we could catch a train from the airport the Hbf and only have a 10 minute walk to the hotel after that.



  
Our Bedroom

After an early start and a few hours traveling arriving to a cosy, comfortable room was just what we needed. Our room was a double on the first floor of the hotel which was a relief as I hate lifts, so only having to go up one floor made me less anxious (plus the lifts were glass fronted which I prefer for some reason). The room was large and had everything we needed. I find the bed and shower two of the most important things when staying in a hotel. The bed was on point and super comfy. Although we had a double bed we had two small separate duvets which I thought was odd, but Tom loved the fact I couldn't steal the covers all night. The shower was one of those modern, over head, powerful showers which was amazing, a real touch of luxury. A bath would have been a bonus but for the amount of time we stayed it didn't matter. 

The room had all the home comforts including a hair drier, kettle and safe. The hairdrier was only a travel sized one attached to the wall so I would recommend bringing your own hair drier if you have thick hair, as it took a while to get mine dry. 

The decor was simple and stylish with a quirky wall panel system instead of doors, which I loved. There was a small mini bar in our room stocked with water, juice and beers, which were all complimentary. Little things like this made me feel more at home and welcome in the hotel, as well as making it great value for money.




We paid £75 a night for 3 nights which I though was really good value compared to some hotels I have stayed at for higher the price and less quality.
The overall presentation of the hotel sold it to me, it was so clean, modern and fashionable, yet cosy and homely. The reception area was full of Berlin artwork and colourful fabrics, reflecting the cool artistic nature of the city itself. The attention to detail and little added details made it great value for money, such complimentary hotel umbrellas in the lobby and the option to rent mopeds to tour the city on. I would definitely stay here again and recommend the i31 to anyone who is looking for a central hotel with lots of character in Berlin.



If you would like more info about i31 Hotel Berlin check them out here.
I hope you have enjoyed this post, it's great to be able to rave about somewhere I have loved. I am thinking of doing more posts like this so let me know if you have liked it or if you have any questions about staying here in the comments below.

Have you ever visited Berlin?

Anna 
 x


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. e interesting posts , I got very useful information over here thanks for sharing it.
    More Details...

    ReplyDelete

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig