Wednesday 3 May 2017

Trying Something New with Iberica's New Spring Menu


Iberica Manchester new spring menu

Last week I was invited to try the new spring menu at Iberica in Manchester. The Spinningfield's restaurant is home to authentic Spanish food and dining, aswell as a buzzing, lively atmosphere. I have to admit, Spanish food isn't my first choice when it comes to eating out, perhaps because there isn't much choice out there, but I was excited to try something new and Iberica soon won me over.

The first thing that impressed me when I walked into Iberica was the stylish and decadent interior. I loved the high ceilings and open plan dining which made the restaurant feel light and spacious, all balanced out with low hanging lights and floor to ceiling curtains. We nibbled on tasty breads and Spanish cheeses while we were shown how to drink from a Porron, which is a traditional Spanish drinking glass.
Iberica manchester decor

Iberica Manchester new spring menu nibbles

iberica Manchester new spring menu nibbles to start

iberica Manchester Spinningfields new spring menu interiors

After meeting some lovely fellow bloggers over a glass of fizz and some cheese to die for, we headed upstairs to the dining area to sample the new spring menu. 

For starters we had a range of dishes from tempura carrots to octopus all served by the friendly staff who seemed genuinely passionate about their food, telling the story behind each dish to perfection. Having the opportunity to taste different dishes meant I could try something new without the commitment, each dish at Iberica is small enough to order a few yet big enough to share with a friend, the perfect tapas experience. I even tried octopus for the first time and although it wasn't my favourite on the menu I am proud to say I gave it a go! It was the crispy cauliflower and pak choi that I couldn't get enough of, so tasty as well as healthy!

After sampling what the new starter menu had to offer we moved onto the mains. Tasty dishes such as pitu chicken rice and twice cooked lamb were brought out one after another whilst we chatted instagram husbands and our favourite travel destinations. 
The coquettes stole the show for me not only were they delicate and creamy, the chefs told us they took over a day to make! No wonder the Spanish are very proud of this world famous dish. If you are into your wines, the Iberica staff knew just the right one to compliment your dish and offered top ups through out the meal, shame I had to drive that night! 

iberica Manchester new spring menu starter

iberica Manchester new spring menu croquettes

iberica Manchester new spring menu starter octopus

iberica Manchester new spring menu paella

iberica Manchester new spring menu seating area

iberica Manchester new spring menu pudding

Puddings were a sharing delight and perfect for two. I can't recommend the rice pudding enough, so rich and creamy but I couldn't move afterwards.

 The new spring menu at Iberica is a great mix of light, seasonal vegetables and traditional meats all seasoned and cooked in a authentic way. I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed the food and could have eaten so much more. I was really proud of myself for stepping out of my comfort zone to try some new things too. 

I am definitely going to head back to Iberica when I am next in Manchester, I think Tom would adore the chicken and rice dish. 

Where are your favourite places to eat out in Manchester?

Anna 

You might also like:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig